Sunday, January 10, 2010

When is it ok to fire a client?

I always believe if your sick, you should stay home. Why give the crap to more people. As a hairstylist, this happens quite frequently. You would think my immune system would be strong but of course the poor little thing is weak and always fighting. I try hard to be healthy. I work out atleast 3 times a week, I take vitamins, drink water and OJ all the time and I eat mostly healthy. Ive been cooking more so Im eating less out of packaged meals and more homecooked meals. Im almost embarrassed to tell people Im sick bc it seems like Im always sick and I feel like people think IM making it up. HOnestly why would i pretend? I want so badly but to just feel good and normal and be able to be with my friends more. Its so cold here in Memphis though that IM hibernating anyways. My body cant handle the extreme low temps. So since Christmas Ive had this awful sinus infection. I dont have health insurance but I went anyways and the doc gave me steroids and a antibitoic. I have this client who calls and cancels her appointments all the time. Well she tries to make one and she sounds awful on the phone saying she has a fever. I tell her trying not to be rude, I dont have insurance and I would appreciate it if you would stay home. The next day she calls saying she talked to her doc and he said she wasnt contagious. Christmas Eve she comes in acting like she owns the place and plops down in my chair for me to do her hair. The next day I come down sick..Hrmmmm I wonder why? So now she called this week and was like I need in before noon and IM like Im sorry Im booked and shes like well im going to the doc so ill call back,.... Next day she calls, the receptionist tells me she sounds awful on the phone and needs a hair appt. OKie first of all her hair is beautiful curly... Its short but she wants it blowdried and flat ironed. So here this woman is sick again sounding like death on the phone wanting to come in. I get the receptionist to call back and say Im booked until the following week that way she has time to get well and bc I dont want that crap. So listen to this........She has an appt for this coming Tues...Sat she called saying she would like an appt. She didnt say who she was and the receptionist was like yes she has an opening then she tells her the name and the receptionist is like ruh oh. The client goes on saying its her birthday Monday..... When the receptionist tells me that Im mad.. How can it be her birthday when she told me last time it was her birthday??? Just bc I see alot of people everyday doesnt mean Im forgetful!!! What a sneaky bitch trying to con her way into my chair being sick. First of all she is not respecting the fact I dont have health insurance and I would like to NOT get sick. So we called her back and told her the truth..Im sick and Im going home, you can keep ur appt on Tues if you would like. I swear I think I need to fire her from being my client... I love doing hair but I also believe you shouldnt manipulate and mistreat the people who take care of you. Whew! So yea I left work yesterday with a migraine... I almost didnt think I was going to make it home.. My eyes were blurry and my head was pounding so hard.. I got home and threw up alot... I passed out in my bed with an icepack on my head... I went numb and passed out. So today I was suppose to go to Sephora to do hair demonstrations with the T3.. But I was at church this morning and had to leave during service bc I could feel another attack about to happen...I hate throwing up so I wanted to prevent that. I went to Walgreens and got some sinus meds and headache meds... Now IM home on the couch while everyone out in the world is going on with their daily lives. I know I will eventually not be sick anymore, just sucks when your actually going through it. I wanna be out, I wanna be doing hair, I wanna be with my friends but right now I need to take care of my body and rest. But good news is one of my clients called in a Zpak and got it for me.. I just hope it works...........I love my clients, I truly do. But this one lady, I think its time for her to be fired.

No comments: